Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shepherds pie!

Mmmm, had a craving for shepherds  pie the other day so here we go!

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
1/2 chopped onion
7 potatoes
1/2 C sour cream
garlic powder
worchestershire sauce
1/2 cup beef stock or couple teaspoons beef bouillon and water.
1/2 cup ketchup
Shredded cheese, I like a cheddar and monterey mix.

Steps:
Peel and dice your potatoes. I use a pressure cooker but you can just put it in a pot of water, bring it to a boil, turn it down a little and simmer for 20 minutes. Cook you ground beef then add the chopped onion, I didn't have any fresh onion so I used some dried onion from my food storage. Drain the meat if you have too much fat. Add the vegetables and stir letting those cook for about 8 minutes. I had some cherry tomatoes that needed to be used up so I sliced those in half and added them with the vegetables.  Add a couple sprinkles of garlic powder. Add the beef stock, W sauce, and ketchup, stir this around. Turn on your oven to 350. Potatoes should be done so you can drain them, add the sour cream and a handful of shredded cheese and mash up. I like to add a little garlic powder, onion powder, and some parsley to my potatoes. I used a deep casserole dish. Fill with your meat mixture and then spoon your mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle with some cheese and pop in the oven uncovered for 15 minutes. Pull it out when your meat mixture is bubbling along the edges. 
So delicious and it makes excellent leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, THanks for leaving a comment!!! You are super cool!!! I love to write back to you so feel free to ask questions or just what you think.