Monday, June 18, 2012

summer time 2012

Summer Time!

Well, School is officially out and thank goodness! I was getting pretty tired of it towards the end. I am enjoying my time off and Eleanor and I have been getting reacquainted which has been much more fun than I thought it would be. 

So what are your plans for summer? Do you just take each as it comes or do you script it out? As a teacher I've found that I thrive on schedules but not too much schedule. I've made up a list for the week and each day has a designated morning activity. 
Monday---Errand and clean up day
Tuesday---Toddler time class at the Rec center for Eleanor
Wednesday--- Wheel throwing class for me, Eleanor plays with cousins
Thursday---Playdate
Friday------Free day

I also make it a point to get up early. I've gotten used to 5:30 AM so I am keeping that up. I get up and go for a walk around the block. It gets my brain going and starts me off right. I tidy up a bit, read my scriptures, and shower. Then we have breakfast and I walk Eleanor to the park. In the evening we have dinner and then Eleanor and I go to the gym. It makes for a nice schedule. Warren is in summer school from 10:30 AM to 7:30 PM so it is mostly just Eleanor and I together. 

So what projects have you done so far? My tomato plants have been producing beautifully. Just the right amount to eat up and not go bad. I was extremely excited to find a Large tomato tucked in the corner as I've never had one produced before. My smaller tomatoes have been delicious to eat plain or popped into a salad. If you haven't planted tomatoes yet you can still plant them for the fall. Tomatoes have 2 seasons to them... May-June/July and September-November. Tomatoes will stop producing when it gets too hot at night. The temperature during the day doesn't matter as much as the temperature at night. So you could wait and plant a tomato plant that you can use in the fall as long as it will have some long hours of sunlight.

Have you tried any craft or fabric projects? I have this rocking chair that has been in our family since my mom was a little girl so It is about 50 years old and it was given to Eleanor since she is now big enough to use it. It was covered in a turquoise vinyl that had a couple holes and the whole thing looked a little worn out. So I enlisted my sister in laws help in getting some awesome gold vinyl and I was finally able to finish it over memorial weekend. Eleanor Loves it.

So what are your plans for the summer? I am going to be tackling the cabinets in my kitchen and maybe painting a pattern in the bathroom. I'll let you know if I have any fun crafts you might like to do. Hope your summer is going well!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, THanks for leaving a comment!!! You are super cool!!! I love to write back to you so feel free to ask questions or just what you think.