Friday, December 31, 2010

Look out here comes another year.

Well it is the end of a year. I think the end of a year is kind of a bit of sweet and sour. On one hand you think of all the great things that happened this year and then you have all the tiring, junky things that happened as well. I'm sure all of you have had plenty this year, maybe more junk than good. I like to look back and see the good stuff I have done. 
1. Started my blog
2. Started selling my hair clips
3. Ella turned 1 and she seems pretty happy with her imperfect mom.
4. I'm still in my house.
5. I've tried lots of different recipes this year.
6. Taught recipes to the women in my church and reaffirmed the idea that I would be a great tv cook. (because I'm basically crazy and slightly hilarious to watch when I cook)
7. I'm healthy, slightly overweight, but healthy.
8. I'm getting used to being at home without going crazy.
9. I figured out to bring ear plugs with me whenever we go on a trip, has definitely made me saner.
10. I have a wonderful family that includes a whole lot of people who I love and who love me and really that is all you need.

I suppose that is pretty good.  I haven't achieved very much financially or intellectually this year but I figure there are plenty of years for that.

I'm looking forward to next year. I see it as a clean slate that I can work with. I know I should wait till Jan. 1st to make my list but I'm anxious to get going. So here are a couple things I want to do in the coming year. 
1. Keep my house cleaner and more organized. I have a small space and I need to work with that more.
2. Look into selling hairclips and accessories at Ren fairs this year, I think that is an untapped market.
3. Work on sewing more.
4. Work on my spirituality and devote more of my time to ingesting spiritually uplifting stuff.
5. Love my husband more. I think I take him for granted too much and alot of the time I get annoyed and just want to nag him about stuff when there  is plenty of stuff wrong with me. 
6. Do more artwork. 
7. Drink more water.
8. Dejunk my life, so focus on stuff I really want to do and get rid of all the side stuff that I never really get around to but I waste energy thinking about it.
9. Stop worrying so much about money and find something that I love to work on.
10. Spend more time playing with my daughter.


I think 10 is a good number. And I tried not to pick ones that I won't really do. I taught a lesson in YWs where we talked about goals. It said you shouldn't spread yourself too thin on goals, instead devote your energy to 1 or 2 for a couple weeks. That way you will actually accomplish something. 

Have fun thinking about the new year and then spending a month getting used to writing 2011 instead of 2010. :) Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, THanks for leaving a comment!!! You are super cool!!! I love to write back to you so feel free to ask questions or just what you think.